MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to work on a permanent basis for our logistics client. This role is based in Cullompton and reports into the Analytics Manager
The successful Business Intelligence Developer based in Cullompton will support decision making across our business through delivery of timely, actionable, easy-to understand and useful information.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the Business Intelligence Developer:
- Designing and delivering of a variety of reporting and business intelligence solutions using a combination of both traditional (MS SQL, SSRS) and modern (BI) tools/technologies.
- Developing reports and dashboards as well as performing ad-hoc data investigation / extract exercises.
- Using data warehousing methodologies and ETL techniques to build data stores for reporting.
- Management and ongoing continuous improvement of an existing and new portfolio of standard reports, dashboards and business intelligence solutions.
- Delivering customer-specific requirements as part of an implementation / onboarding project or as part of business-as-usual.
- Converting existing reports to more modern standards.
- Support day-to-day performance, maintenance and monitoring of our databases and BI platforms.
- Understanding our people and processes as well as business problems and opportunities and using this contextual knowledge to translate business requirements into technical solutions tailored and appropriate for the audience.
- Consulting as part of project processes to define reporting and BI requirements, suggesting enhancements as appropriate.
- Supporting colleagues in the Analytics and Integration team with data related activities.
- Highlighting opportunities based on your understanding of the business and knowledge of our data for where reporting, analytics or BI solutions can help to improve business Performance
Qualifications/Experience for Business Intelligence Developer:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar data insight / reporting / business intelligence related role.
- High degree of proficiency with MS SQL and SSRS.
- Highly motivated with a curiosity to understand business processes and problems to identify opportunities.
- High aptitude for database schema design.
- Critical thinking and analytical mindset to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Full UK driving licence as occasional travel between locations will be required.
- Capabilities across any of Power BI, IBM Cognos, Business Objects, Qlik, Tableau would be advantageous